Seagate 4 TB Wired External Hard Disk Drive (Black, External Power Required)
The Seagate Backup Plus is a large external storage device that comes with 4 TB of external memory. If you are running out of space on your laptop or computer, you can use this device to store all of your necessary files. The large 4 TB of storage is enough for storing all kinds of digital files. You can connect the device with your laptops and computers to add to the pre-included internal storage. You can also plug the device in your television sets and home theatre systems and enjoy your favourite content directly.
Compatibility and USB 3.0 Port
The Seagate Backup Plus is compatible with most computer operating systems. You do not need to install any additional software to use this external storage device. Simply plug in the external storage to your laptop/computer/desktop and start transferring files instantaneously as it will get automatically detected. It is compatible with Windows and Linux Operating systems. Moreover, it works with NTFS and Ex-FAT drivers. The device comes with pre-loaded NTFS drivers that you can use while connecting to your Mac computer or laptop and transfer files seamlessly between Windows and MacOS powered computer devices. The Seagate Backup Plus has a USB 3.0 port that connects with your computer. The hard drive is also compatible with USB 2.0 connectivity to provide a wider operational range.
Expansive Storage Capacity
The Seagate Backup Plus comes with 4 TB storage. You can store different kinds of content owing to its wide compatibility range. You can store your favourite photographs, videos, games, software, TV shows, movies, documents, spreadsheets, and much more. You can use the device for an extended time without the hard drive heating up or dropping in performance. It is capable of uploading multiple files at the same time to store online as well. This feature further adds to the ease and convenience factor. The hard drive comes with a handy quick start guide and a 4-foot long USB 3.0 cable that adds to utility.
Make sure to read the following precautions that are essential for using your external hard drive.
- Use only in a system that satisfies the system requirements.
- For better performance and reliability, upgrade the operating system to the latest version.
- Use the power supply that came with the drive, or one with the same specifications.
- Always backup important data, as Seagate does not warranty the data on your external drive.
- Avoid damp areas, since moisture may cause corrosion.
- Unauthorized disassembly of the product and removal of the labeling will void your warranty.
- Protect the system and the external drive by performing virus checks on a regular basis.
- Always safely remove the external drive before disconnecting the external drive from the computer.
- Avoid handling the drive roughly as it is a mechanical device.
- Current Seagate, Samsung, and Maxtor external drives are compatible with Windows Vista or later and MacOSX 10.4.8 or later at a hardware level.